Archive for Money
Top of Form
There are thousands of network marketing business opportunities to choose from. They all claim to be “the best”, have the best product or service, the most amazing compensation plan, support and training on and on and on! For some companies these statements are true, but for some, they are not. The question is, how do you cut through all the hype and get to the truth?
Over the last several years I’ve become savvy in the area of resources and things that are important for you to consider and evaluate in your search for the best business for you. In this article, I will share some of my insights to allow you to find the real deal.
I personally look at five areas, and if any of them don’t meet my criteria, I note it on my scorecard.
Here are the five areas:
1. Management Team – With a strong Management Team and a below average product, you can still WIN!
However, with a bad Management Team and an amazing product, you’re headed for a company to get driven into the ground. Here are some quick clues for a network marketing management team:
- Experience as successful network marketing distributors (you want them to think like you do)
- Experience building multi-million or billion dollar businesses
- The President/CEO should be a charismatic visionary leader who naturally attracts followers
- The CFO should be someone with extensive experience handling money decisions for large companies
- The marketing team should have extensive experience marketing in network marketing
- Finally, it’s great if the team includes someone who has experience in international expansion
2. Market Trends – Simple, is the company sitting in front of at least one powerful marketing trend? A solid network marketing company that is going to be around for years to come, has a solid and ethical business approach. You want the company to fit into the Entrepreneurial Boom we’re having! With corporate America restructures/layoffs and the overall economy, more people have become interested in home based businesses. Quick example: A wellness product is sitting in front of the powerful Wellness Boom, which is approaching a trillion dollar industry with 76 million baby boomers (in the U.S. alone) who are all interested in wellness. That’s a powerful market trend! Look around the market to see if it is flooded with similar products/services or if it’s a unique powerful market trend that will drive the company through massive growth for years to come.
3. Product – When you look at the product, you will find just about everything sold in network marketing. However, not every product is suited to network marketing. If you look historically at the industry, you will find that some of the top product categories are health products, skin care, and household products. The reason these are the top product categories is that they are all consumable. When products are highly consumable (re-ordered regularly) there is a bigger chance you’ll set yourself up for a strong residual income if you build your organization right. In addition to highly consumable products, look for them to be unique in some way – look for patents and things that make them like nothing else anywhere. This way, you aren’t playing the game of “my product is better than yours.” If the product fills a common need and it creates an emotional response (it impacts a person’s life), you’ve got a very big winner.
4. Compensation – Look at the plan, is it a fair and lucrative compensation plan? What does that mean? Well, it’s important to get a feel for the history of the average numbers of people current distributors sponsor for part-time and full-time incomes. Also, the plan should have the ability to create high six and seven figure incomes to attract the heavy hitters into your organization. You want a balanced compensation plan to meet the needs of part-time networkers as well as the full-time veterans.
5. Training and Support – The biggest reason people fail in network marketing is that they don’t do the work necessary to build their business. With that being said, it’s really all about YOU to make it happen! However, there is a second reason, and that would be a lack of proper tools and support to allow associates to grow themselves and their results. In a good network marketing company, you will find a mix of company training, quality tools, national conventions, regional events, and leaders who provide local meetings, teleconferences, and their own webinars.
There you go…now you have five areas to review in a company to find one that is solid and meets your needs.
If you’re at a point where you are searching for a network marketing business, hopefully this will help you cut through the fog and find the right one for you.
To your success-
Sharon Ann Irwin
www.winwithsharon.com Conquer The Internet Today! Get your free DVD!
(916) 223-4244 direct
How Jeffery Combs in one day in Las Vegas, NV
turned the heartbeat of my Network Marketing Career on!
I had the honor of meeting Jeffery Combs in the summer of 2007. When he took the stage my professional network marketing career was changed forever. At the time of the event I was still pretty new in the network marketing industry and my mindset then was still locked on to my Corporate Identity. All of that changed after meeting Jeffery Combs that day in Las Vegas, NV. Now don’t get me wrong, my Corporate Identity was a positive one…However, it was not bringing me the total fulfillment I was seeking in my life. My husband and I had just started our family and our daughter was born with a significant heart condition which took me out of the Corporate Life for just long enough to figure out I was not on the right path long term. My biggest fear was how to replace my then six figure income that I’d spent over a decade building. I then stepped outside my comfort zone and began to build my first Network Marketing Team. Still so new and being someone who liked to do it all on my own without any help, I had many doubts in the process.
One day I got a call from a friend saying “Hey XYZ Company is recruiting sales professionals and I know you’ve always wanted to work here.” This company was a BIG one in Sacramento, CA and people would kill to work for them. Twelve years earlier in my corporate direct sales days I had this company on my hot list. Now, I had the chance to win a spot in this company…I talked myself into the idea that I’d win the job and still run my network marketing business at night, so I went to the interview. Long story short, I landed the dream job and continued to work my business at night after getting home. One day I came home to find several new inquires on my business, and that night I brought in several new teammates. Within a 24 hour period, my business part-time had made me over half of my monthly income working a full 30 days on the job. WOW! It was then that I started to have more confidence in my abilities to build a strong network marketing team and business.
Boom here I was roughly 90 days into my new job, and I meet Jeffery in Las Vegas. That was it…immediately after listening to his wisdom I jumped right on the next plane home, wrote my resignation letter, and indicated that my heart belonged in my business, not a 9-5 job. This was the best decision I ever made. At that same time I decided that I would become a student of Jeffery Combs. I began to attend every one of his Tuesday Night calls, I purchased his CD sets and listened to them over and over and still do today. Eventually, I set my ego aside and attended all of his Breakthroughs to Success Events – AMAZING transformation for me to say the least. Fast approaching my 4th decade of this wonderful journey of my life, I really thought I had ME all figured out…well there was so much more and that is exactly what having “More Heart than Talent” is all about. The slogan of Jeffery’s book “More Heart Than Talent” says it all. I began to learn how to plug into my heart more and leave my head.
If you feel that you deserve to step out of your talent and into your heart, become the leader people are seeking, become a goal getter not a goal setter, understand why you do what you do, move through times of adversity with class, manage yourself instead of your time, develop higher levels of emotional intelligence and exit the emotional roller coaster, live in your intuition, feel from your heart and be in the moment! Then Jeffery Combs is the coach you deserve to be partnered with on your journey. To learn more about all of the programs he and his amazing wife Erica Combs offer to the world of network marketing, visit their personal website at www.goldenmastermind.com to learn more now!
In closing, I’d like to thank Jeffery and Erica for all they do for our industry! I’m beyond grateful both of you came into my life when you did. Thank you both for sharing your wisdom and most of all your energy and your heart with the network marketers of the world! You’ve changed my life and the heartbeat of my business forever!
For those of you that would like to learn more about my journey in coaching with Jeffery Combs, stay tuned and I will continue to share nuggets of wisdom direct from my personal experiences to assist you on your journeys!
When you become Emotionally Free in Network Marketing your success soars!
Think back to when you first started in network marketing or look at the last person that you brought on to your team…did they come in with desperation mixed with excitement and hope?
The decision to get started was an emotional one!
The unfortunate fact is that the industry is filled with new excited and hopeful business owners who have never had experience as an entrepreneur.
For the most part you will have others joining you that have yet to gain the disciplines and skills required for success in network marketing.
So here they go…or here you go if you’re fairly new…
Spending money, time and pushing outside of the normal comfort zones for the very first time out of a very strong and emotional desire to succeed and this is married to an equally strong fear of failure!
You may feel that you’ve been dropped into the wide open ocean and it’s time to sink or swim. Each lead that you call is the call of your lifetime. Each warm market prospect holds the key to your future. Each meeting you attend contains the secrets to your success. Each follow-up appointment call made that goes to voice mail is a blow to your gut. Every dollar you spend for leads is like a gamble. Each call you make to a leader for help that doesn’t get a return call is taken personally. Your world starts to crumble as you hit yet another ‘no’. Every time you have a new sign up you go out and celebrate!
You are on the roller coaster of emotion, and abundance in your world is not present yet!
When you are on the journey to becoming a professional in the network marketing industry this is a very common roller coaster ride and some get so sick to their stomachs they don’t get back in line to ride the roller coaster they quit. There is a way to ride everyday and never have any feelings in your gut that make you want to quit. Take a look now at the flip side…
Flip over the coin and look at the side you will arrive at which is becoming a professional that doesn’t have the highs and lows emotionally. What will your world look like at this point?
Imagine, losing your number 1 producer a person that brought in over half of your team . If this happens to you when you’re on the emotional roller coaster it is hard to recover from. Once you’re a professional in the industry you don’t lose a wink of sleep over it it’s just another day at the office.
You know where you are going and nothing will stop you no matter who comes and goes from your team!
When you become a true professional in this industry you feel no different about success and failure. Each are a part of everyday business and the mind-set of abundance remains unshakeable once you are a true professional.
Starting living in a state of emotional peace where your lows and highs are one in the same no peaks and no valleys. You get an irate call from a customer who forgot to change their auto ship just a day in the office no biggie. You get a new guy or gal who talks big and doesn’t walk their talk…just another day in the office no biggie. The no shows no biggie just another day at the office. The new gal that brings 100 team mates over from her old company…just another day at the office.
Once you allow your emotional state to become steady and get off the roller coaster that can happen in the beginning and that’ll you’ll see in others when they are new. You’ve won the biggest prize in the game of free enterprise. You’re emotionally balanced and no matter what comes your way in a day…no biggie…just another day in paradise!
Stay tuned to share more of the journey with me in future blog posts. Here’s to your success and the days you will spend in paradise as a professional in network marketing! Remember, if you get off the ride and quit…you will never know the success you desired when you first started. If you’ve lost your belief borrow it from a leader who has belief until you’e re-built your own. To your success in 2010 and beyond all that you require lies within in you. Keep going!