Archive for April, 2010
One of the biggest things I’ve seen and even fallen into in the past in network marketing, direct sales, home based business and life in general is the good old process of finding your “why” in order to set up your action list and goals. I hear it all the time, “If I just had more “blank”, I’d have it made.” The “blank” is usually ”time”, “money”, “freedom”, “energy (better health)” and/or “love (ideal relationships)”. So many of you will say to yourself day in and day out ”If I just had more “blank” I’d be free and happy!” This is the problem with whimpy little lists of “whys” and goals that you set up. Yes, I said “whimpy!” If you’ve set up a list of things that have no true meaning or a list that is what you think you’re supposed to do instead of what you really want to do, you will have zero passion. With zero passion, you’ll take zero action and get a big FAT zero for results!
To find your true passion, take a look inside of YOU at your core and decide to be brutually honest with yourself. Don’t ask anyone else and don’t even try to say to yourself that you don’t know what it is and can’t find it! Somewhere inside of you, deep inside, is the answer and it’s your main job to get it out NOW! There are so many songs out now about the idea of living for NOW as if today was your last day! One of my favorites is the Nickelback song “If Today was Your Last Day”. Are you living as if today was your last day? Can you honestly say that what you’re doing is what you’d do if this 24 hour period was it? If you can’t look yourself in the eyes and answer “YES, I’m doing exactly what I’d do if this was my last day” then re-evaluate. You may be working from a “why” that is not deep enough for the changes you’re seeking. Shift into your true passions and become the person you were meant to be NOW!
This takes a decision to be creative and to not wait another day! You must challenge yourself. Pick up the brush, grab hold of the camera, turn on the computer, get out of bed earlier, propose the solution. Become YOUR answer. If there were no rules, no workplace politics, no one to critize your decisions (including your inner critic), what would you be doing right now that would put a big smile on your face? Inside of you, you have all you require to create health, wealth, and loving relationships! First, you must get in touch with your core and start being the YOU that is most passionate. Take your courage and your heart and go for it! If you keep doing what you’re doing, you’ll keep getting what you’ve been getting! If you’re not happy, then YOU have to change what you’re doing!
What is it that isn’t yet perfect in your life? What one step can you take today to start moving toward what you do want? Surrond yourself with likeminded leaders who will hold you accountable and push you to grow! Most important, have fun in the process! Do what you love most and all of the other things in the “blanks” will fill in automatically!
Living Today As If It were My Last- Sharon Ann Irwin
www.winwithsharon.com # 1 Internet Marketing Community on the Planet Period!
If you already know the product and service that you want to offer, the next step is to find a hungry audience. There are some key questions you can ask yourself in order to really get down to the nitty gritty of who your “Ideal Customers” are and are not. The BIG question that should come first is “Who are you?” I see it as if you’re someone who really loves rock and roll, why would you start a business in the country music arena? The worst step you can take is to start a business where you have no interest, skill, or passion. You have to have your heart in the game first, so make sure what you choose is something you do for the love of it! Now on to the juicy part – how to refine and attract your Ideal Customers to you like bees to honey.
Ask the questions about your target market -
- Where does your ideal customer live?
What is the average income of your target market?
Is your audience made up of men, women, or both?
How old is your audience? It’s a good idea to make the age range 10-20 years for example 30-40 or 30-50 years old.
What kinds of books, magazines, and material does your target market read?
What does your audience watch?
What does your audience listen to?
What does your audience buy?
Knowing the answers to these key questions will no doubt assist you in creating a picture of your “Ideal Customer” or what most call, the target market you’re going for in your marketing efforts. Not only will the answers to these and other key questions affect where and how you market to your audience, it will also clue you in as to what you will say to them. If you’re using their “Hot Buttons” or pain points, you will have to say it in their words.
The best part about being an entrepreneur as opposed to someone who works for a company is that you get to choose who you want to work with and who you don’t want to work with. This allows you to be authentic and connected to your true core beliefs so you feel fulfilled. You’re working in an area with the people you most enjoy! Have fun with this exercise and if things don’t feel right in the first Target Market you enter, you can always adjust now that you know the key things to consider.
Sharon Ann Irwin
www.winwithsharon.com #1 Internet Marketing Community on the Planet!
Top of Form
There are thousands of network marketing business opportunities to choose from. They all claim to be “the best”, have the best product or service, the most amazing compensation plan, support and training on and on and on! For some companies these statements are true, but for some, they are not. The question is, how do you cut through all the hype and get to the truth?
Over the last several years I’ve become savvy in the area of resources and things that are important for you to consider and evaluate in your search for the best business for you. In this article, I will share some of my insights to allow you to find the real deal.
I personally look at five areas, and if any of them don’t meet my criteria, I note it on my scorecard.
Here are the five areas:
1. Management Team – With a strong Management Team and a below average product, you can still WIN!
However, with a bad Management Team and an amazing product, you’re headed for a company to get driven into the ground. Here are some quick clues for a network marketing management team:
- Experience as successful network marketing distributors (you want them to think like you do)
- Experience building multi-million or billion dollar businesses
- The President/CEO should be a charismatic visionary leader who naturally attracts followers
- The CFO should be someone with extensive experience handling money decisions for large companies
- The marketing team should have extensive experience marketing in network marketing
- Finally, it’s great if the team includes someone who has experience in international expansion
2. Market Trends – Simple, is the company sitting in front of at least one powerful marketing trend? A solid network marketing company that is going to be around for years to come, has a solid and ethical business approach. You want the company to fit into the Entrepreneurial Boom we’re having! With corporate America restructures/layoffs and the overall economy, more people have become interested in home based businesses. Quick example: A wellness product is sitting in front of the powerful Wellness Boom, which is approaching a trillion dollar industry with 76 million baby boomers (in the U.S. alone) who are all interested in wellness. That’s a powerful market trend! Look around the market to see if it is flooded with similar products/services or if it’s a unique powerful market trend that will drive the company through massive growth for years to come.
3. Product – When you look at the product, you will find just about everything sold in network marketing. However, not every product is suited to network marketing. If you look historically at the industry, you will find that some of the top product categories are health products, skin care, and household products. The reason these are the top product categories is that they are all consumable. When products are highly consumable (re-ordered regularly) there is a bigger chance you’ll set yourself up for a strong residual income if you build your organization right. In addition to highly consumable products, look for them to be unique in some way – look for patents and things that make them like nothing else anywhere. This way, you aren’t playing the game of “my product is better than yours.” If the product fills a common need and it creates an emotional response (it impacts a person’s life), you’ve got a very big winner.
4. Compensation – Look at the plan, is it a fair and lucrative compensation plan? What does that mean? Well, it’s important to get a feel for the history of the average numbers of people current distributors sponsor for part-time and full-time incomes. Also, the plan should have the ability to create high six and seven figure incomes to attract the heavy hitters into your organization. You want a balanced compensation plan to meet the needs of part-time networkers as well as the full-time veterans.
5. Training and Support – The biggest reason people fail in network marketing is that they don’t do the work necessary to build their business. With that being said, it’s really all about YOU to make it happen! However, there is a second reason, and that would be a lack of proper tools and support to allow associates to grow themselves and their results. In a good network marketing company, you will find a mix of company training, quality tools, national conventions, regional events, and leaders who provide local meetings, teleconferences, and their own webinars.
There you go…now you have five areas to review in a company to find one that is solid and meets your needs.
If you’re at a point where you are searching for a network marketing business, hopefully this will help you cut through the fog and find the right one for you.
To your success-
Sharon Ann Irwin
www.winwithsharon.com Conquer The Internet Today! Get your free DVD!
(916) 223-4244 direct